Searching for a smart, organized and thoughtful candidate to join our Design Engineering team. We have a very dynamic and energetic work environment where we value hard work, dedication, performance and team work!
The following requirements apply to this position:
• Experience in at least one of the following fields
o Custom metal fabrication
o Custom woodworking/millwork
o Design-build projects
• A keen mechanical mind that pays strong attention to detail and has the ability to design for ease of manufacturing and installation.
• A strong sensitivity to aesthetics and the design intents of our clients.
• A strong sense of pride and ownership
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Experience with Solid Edge, SolidWorks or other 3D modeling software platforms.
• Knowledge of Windows-based software including MS Excel®.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills that facilitate professional and effective communications with external and internal parties of all levels.
• Strong team orientation and relationship-building skills.
• Maturity, honesty, good judgment, and general business knowledge.
• An outgoing, upbeat demeanor.
Becoming a member of our design engineering team is a unique opportunity for the right individual. On-going responsibilities for the design engineer include:
• Generating solid models and shop drawings of custom fixture assemblies and parts for customer review and production purposes
• Working with sales, project management and customers to develop concepts for custom fixtures and parts
• Working with manufacturing to define manufacturing processes for fabrication of custom fixtures and parts
• Support manufacturing to resolve fabrication issues in a timely manner
• Support project management to ensure consistent understanding of engineering durations and schedules.
• Contributing to the on-going definition and refinement of engineering processes and controls
Our work is custom in nature and highly-evolving. As part of a team, you will work on a diverse set of challenging projects. Applicants should have experience and be able to thrive both in a collaborative setting and on solo tasks.
This role offers a competitive salary in addition to inclusion in the company’s profit sharing, 401K, medical, and dental programs.
If you’re confident that your talents match this exciting opportunity and you’re ready to grow with our organization, please respond with your cover letter and resume, including salary history and salary objective.
Please note that this position does not require an engineering degree.